Between the regions of Perigord and Haut-Agenais
Perigord, rich with a thousand years old past, offers to interested visitors unique architectural and natural treasures ready to be explored, should you so choose :
- Among others, Bonaguil castle, a stone throw from the gite, one of the best-preserved middle-age French castles, also the Valentre Bridge in Cahors, the castles in the Dordogne Valley...
- The tour of the bastides: Monpazier, Villereal, Tournon d’Agenais, Penne d’Agenais, Pujols, Monflanquin and its medieval festival, and more...
- Numerous prehistoric and troglodyte sites, in particular Lascaux and the Gouffre de Padirac.
- Museums :
- Musée de la préhistoire in Sauveterre-la-Lémance (3km).
- Musée archeologique d'Eysses in Villeneuve-sur-Lot (36 km).
- Musée du Foie-gras in Frespech (39 km).
- Musée du pruneau in Laffite-sur-Lot (61 km).
- Musée des beaux-arts in Agen (64 km).
...And a lot more...
- Some gardens and fermes-decouvertes open to children and visitors of all ages.
- Some brocantes for people interested in bargains.
- The Observatoire Astronomique et Planetarium de Montayral and its special starry nights is the right place for people with stars on their minds.
But Perigord is also, as any gourmet knows, a land of delights to please everybody taste buds.
Black truffles, cepes, chestnuts, chanterelles, foie-gras, conserves, duck magrets, walnuts and of course the wine circuits at Bergerac, passing by Monbazillac and why not go all the way to St Emilion and the great wines of the Bordeaux region....
All these gastronomic treasures are to be found in all our numerous and authentic regional markets, or with our Michelin starred chefs, or at “l’assiette du terroir” a unique tasting sample of the regional produce, offered in several restaurants of the area. (Community of Fumelois-Lemance communes).
You can get more informations on our links page.